Thursday, January 21, 2010

Sweet Thursday!

2010 01 17_9451

Since today is Thursday, which means almost the weekend and THAT makes it so Sweet! I am sharing a great Cookie Recipe that makes Toll House seem like yesterdays news. Really, I am not kidding at all! This is the best Chocolate Chip Recipe that you will ever find. I found this on one of my favorite blogs Lovin From the Oven! She tries out great cookies and cupcakes and then post how they turned out. I have made many of her recipes but this is by far the best find yet! (okay maybe it is a close tie with the smores bars yummo) Valentines is coming up quick and this would be a great way to tell the ones you love they are special.

2 cups all-purphose flour (going along with my NY resolution I use 1 cup unbleached flour and 1 cup whole wheat flour)

1/2 teaspoons baking soda

1/2 teaspoons of salt

3/4 cup of butter, melted

1 cup of brown sugar
1/2 cup of white sugar (instead of using both brown and white sugar I used sugar in the raw 1 1/2 cups)

1 tablespoon of Vanilla

1 egg

1 egg yolk

2 cups of semisweet chocolate chips

Sift together the flour, baking soda, salt and set aside
In another bowl mix butter, sugar until creamed then add the vanilla, egg and egg yolk until light and creamy. Mix in the sifted ingredients until just blended then hand stir in the chocolate chips. Refrigerate the mix for at least one hour. When ready to bake pre-heat oven to 325 degrees F. Drop spoon fulls of dough on cookie sheet and bake for 12-15 minuttes or until edges are lightly golden. Allow to cool on cookie sheet for a few minutes then move to cooling rack.
Enjoy!

These will definitely be your new favorite cookies!

3 comments:

Catherine said...

Yum... {drooling on my keyboard}... can't wait to make those! Happy Thursday!

tracie said...

They look so good. I need them. Love your blog. Great pictures.

Our Journey said...

YUM!!! Do you deliver??? Now I want cookies!!