Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Cinnamon Swirl!

With a large family (or even small in this time) groceries are just through the roof and with boys who drink a gallon of milk a DAY I try to find ways to make things go a little further. Have you notice the recent spike in bread! Yes, BREAD!! Well it is up to $2 plus for regular white but if you want to do the right thing and get the good stuff it is almost $3 a loaf. YIKES! I also prefer to pack my boys lunch as I am not a fan of the school lunches and they complain that after waiting in line it is just not enough time to eat and socialize. So I pulled out my trusty bread maker and have been making a loaf a day for about for about a 1/4 of the cost. Did I also mention it is full of goodness instead of air! Well my creative side is starting to peak as the traditional bread is just getting boring. I started thinking and have spiced things up a bit. ha ha get it spiced up.... hee hee.... OH boy!!! This bread ROCKS!!! The 3 times I have made it it has lasted about 5 minutes! It is that good! The best thing about this bread is it is simple to make! Throw flour, water, salt, sugar and yeast in the bread maker push and button and it does all the mixing and rising for you. Then just roll it out and spread a little butter and sprinkle sugar and cinnamon and roll! Not just any sugar, brown sugar! That is what makes it ooze with goodness! Put in a loaf pan and bake! That is it but don't tell daddio he thinks I worked hard on it. I hate to do this to you but just look how it turns out! YUMMO!!!

web 1



Getting Golden Brown!


web2



See that is the ooze that I am speaking of! Yep, Brown Sugar I love you!

web 3


Allowing it to cool for 3 seconds or maybe just until I can grab the knife and butter.


web 5



Pepperidge Farm move right on over!

4 comments:

Kristi said...

Can I swing by for a slice the next time a loaf comes out of the oven? That looks heavenly!

Donna said...

Never underestimate the power of the internet - I have a loaf in the oven at this very moment.
Is it just me, or does this bread scream "French Toast!"?? If a slice makes it until morning, I'll let you know!!
Thanks for the idea!!!

Angel said...

One word........ NERD!

Our Journey said...

You are so right, we were just talking the other day that the kind of bread we buy is now over $3 a loaf. When I can, I LOVE LOVE LOVE to make my own bread...your's looks TOO yummy!!