Sunday, May 17, 2009

Sweet Mondays!! Recipe Share!

smores cookie bars


This is a new recipe that I found from a fellow blogger. Yum! These are Smores Cookie Bars and they are just so stinking good. Yep, I said Smores... Who does not love some Smores?? I love the yummy taste, they are fun to say Smores and they are so fun to make Smores. Just the smell of them make me think of sitting by the fire with family and friends at cookouts or camping. Okay, let's scratch that last one, camping... I hate it, no I loath it. Something about bugs, cold hard grounds, bath houses and no electricity makes me steer far far away. Well back to the smores bars, this golden glorious cookie bar is filled with Hershey bars and Marshmallow Creme.. Umm Umm! If you are looking to wow your family, friends or even your enemies (they won't be for long) than you should whip up a batch of these. (maybe 2) They are that good!!! My little Eating Machine could not stuff these suckers in his mouth fast enough. I resorted to hiding before they ate the entire batch but he soon sniffed them out and found them, Little Stinker!!!


ben

Recipe:

Smores Bars

Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter, soft
1/4 cup brown sugar (did not call for light or dark but I use dark)
1/2 cup sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/3 cup all purpose flour
3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
5-6 Hershey bars
1 1/2 cups of marshmallow creme

Directions:

Preheat oven 350 degrees, grease an 8 inch square baking pan.
In large bowl creme together butter and both sugars until combined. Beat in egg and vanilla. In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder, salt. Now combine the flour mixture in with the butter mix until fully combined. Once combined split in half mix and put 1/2 of mix in bottom of greased baking dish. Then layer Hershey bars on top. (it is okay if it does not cover every bit of the cookie it will spread as it cooks) Then layer the marshmallow creme on top of the chocolate. Then take the rest of the cookie mix and cover the marshmallow creme. Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool completely before eating not only hot but the bars firm up and it taste so much better when the marshmallow creme has a little crunch just like over a fire. Enjoy!

3 comments:

Kristi said...

I'm checking my pantry now for these ingredients...
Let's see, what sweet treat can I share?

Our Journey said...

YUM! I love smores! I also hate camping (if I can sleep in a cabin, I'll camp, but no tent for me thanks!!) I'll have to try these, I don't have hershey bars, but I wonder if I can use chocolate chips?? I'll let ya know if it works!!

Cindy M said...

I'm definitely trying these. And I am SO over camping. My Army days really filled my need to EVER camp again...add children and pets and it's just too much to bear. They did manage to drag me to a cabin at a lake last summer. That's as close as I get.