Thursday, March 5, 2009

Warmth, Showers, laundry and Camera

As you know from my past post, we got a huge (i say huge as in VA huge so don't laugh those of you who get real HUGE SNOW) snow storm. My sister who kind of lives out a little lost their power. The second day of no power she decided to come down and take showers and do some laundry. There is 7 of them and I know first hand the amount of laundry that can pile up in a day or two can be massive! Well, she arrived and started right to business laundry, getting warm, and showering. Well, Arden and cuz Cabell were playing together in her room after a bath and I went and grabbed the camera. They had a ball playing with all the Dora dolls and vanity. It was great "girl time!" She also brought along her oldest daughter Allie and little man Gregory. I didn't see much of Gregory as he was out the whole time with the big boys playing in the snow! Boys don't need showers when there is snow to play in right? I did manage to grab a few pictures of him and Allie outside too. I guess I am turning into one of those moms who is chasing after the kids with a camera stuck to my face and I am already started hearing the complaints. Oh well, I guess they will appreciate those pictures one day.

Nothing really else is going on other than the kids went back to school today 2 hours late Yahoooo!!!! No more wet clothes and piles of laundry. I feel like I need a vacation after this snow. I did enjoy hanging out with them and not rushing them out the door for the day. I guess by tomorrow I will even kind of miss the kiddos. Oh my, did I just say that? Truth is, I love being able to to be home with my crew and I would take the good, the bad, the ugly and do it all over again!

Hopefully my next post there will not be snow in sight and we can get on to much warmer things like Daylight Savings, Sun, tulips and daphadills! Bring on the Spring!





Sweet Little Cabell



This was totally my favorite! Look at those eyes!


This is about when she noticed my mom is not in sight, pout pout!


What a handsome little man!



Taking a minute to make his aunt with the camera happy.

Allie even joined the crew outside for a little while.

4 comments:

candice said...

LOVE the ones of the sweet baby girl... AWESOME job- you are getting good!!!

Don't know what that whole snow thing is like- we live in CA where to us, 50 degrees is COLD! lol

Shabby Olde Potting Shed said...

Your photos are fabulous Ally!
Wish I could have come over and made snow angels with the kidlets!
Looked like they had such fun!

Today, it is in the 70's here... and I say BRING ON THE SPRING! LOL
HAVE A GREAT DAY!
Holykisses,
Lea

mommy24treasures said...

I love the Cabell pics too, so sweet:)
We had snow Sun and now its 75 so wierd!
Ahhh the laundry can take over your life! All the layers, all the cothes!!!!

Have a great weekend:)

SKELLER said...

Such beautiful portraits!! I especially like the soft, light sweetness of the Cabell images. :-)