Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Crepes, Tea and Fashion!



This morning the crew woke up to crepes and tea! I thought I would try making crepes for Matty this morning. We had pancakes the other morning and he was explaining to me some of the things they eat for breakfast. They take crepes and squeeze fresh lemon and sprinkle sugar on them and roll them up. Then squeeze more lemon and a little more sugar. So I thought I would be adventurous and try making crepes. I did not have a recipe on hand for them so I searched one of my favorite web recipe sites RecipeZaar! I just love this website it not only has TONS of recipes of EVERYTHING but it has real people who make them and rate them. I just put in the search box and bam all the recipes I could ever want! Back to my crepes! So I made them and the first few turn out good but totally not round! Yikes! So Matty came over and should me my technique pouring them into the pan was all so wrong. After a few tries, I came up with the prettiest little crepes! The boys gobbled them up, even with the lemon! One good thing about boys if they are hungry they will try anything. They all really enjoyed them and even request that I make them again.


After the herd left this morning was cleaning up from breakfast. I have to admit, I am such messy cook! I had batter from one end of the counter to the other. Daddio often fusses at me for being so messy when I cook but I always tell him "I clean it up so what does it matter!" Well as I was wiping down the counters I noticed I had not seen Ms. Princess for awhile and thing were quiet, a little to quiet. I go to the end of the stair and yell "Arden?, Arden?" Then I heard the dresser drawer shut and she replies "I am getting dressed!" Well I will let the pictures tell the rest of the story! Priceless! She should make the next cover of Vogue!

Check out those layers! Pants, shorts and a skirt! Oh and she even remembered to accessorize she included her Dora Backpack! I knew I steered her right...

3 comments:

Kristi said...

Okay, so I'm feeling a touch guilty for opening the box of Honey Nut Cheerios again this morning...
Sounds yummy!
Oh, and Arden and Kylie would be so funny together ~ yesterday Ky put on pajamas with her dress and leggings. It was a great layering combo that I missed getting a photo of.

mommy24treasures said...

wow what a breakfast:)
and what a stylish Princess:)

Our Journey said...

The girls are such "fashionista's" it's so cute when they dress themselves!! And your breakfast! WOW! YUM!