Thursday, February 5, 2009

Happy Gotcha Day!!!











Two years ago today God placed in our arms the sweetest gift, our daughter Arden! It seems like yesterday we were in China piling on a bus with 13 other families going to meet our daughters who had been growing in our hearts for 25 months. Words cannot explain the emotion when they placed her in our arms. This little one may have not grown in my womb but God certainly placed her in our hearts. She is our daughter! As I visit that emotional day in my mind it brings tears to my eyes, tears of joy! We are so blessed that God picked us to be her Forever Family! There is not a day that goes by that I don't thank God for this wonderful Gift! She has brought true Joy to all of our lives! It never seems to amaze me how big our God is and how he picked Arden from the other side of the world to be our daughter. I look forward to seeing her life unfold and pray she will follow God's plan for her precious life!

Just Think...
You're not here by chance but by God's choosing. His hand formed you, and made you the person you are. He compares you to no one else- you are ONE OF A KIND. You lack nothing that HIS GRACE can't give you. He has allowed you to be here at this time in history to fulfill HIS SPECIAL PURPOSE for this generation.
By Roy Lessin

Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart.
Jeremiah 1:2-4

8 comments:

Our Journey said...

Happy Gotcha Day!! I LOVE looking over your pictures. It's just such a wonderful memory -- and we're blessed not only to have these beautiful children in our lives, but to have met you all as well!! You put it so beautifully about how each of us are God's plan! Have a wonderful day!!

Jill said...

HAPPY GOTCHA DAY sweet Arden! God has indeed chosen this precious little one for your family!
Enjoy this special day!

....the Sassy Mom!! said...

I loved your post...so sweet! She is darling just like the rest of your family.

Kristi said...

Happy Gotcha Day! We also praise God for our blessing whom we met that day!

Jennifer Bowen said...

Hi, Ally! I adore that first photo of your beautiful daughter. Your story brought tears to my eyes. Arden is truly a wonderful gift from God. And it seems like she just fits right in with the rest of your family. Keep posting those photos! :)

Donna said...

Happy Gotcha Day!!! Hope you all had a wonderful day!!!!

Cindy M said...

That last picture of Arden is just beautiful! Our babies have changed so much in two short years! Happy Gotcha Day! We are so glad to have you as part of our China family!

Shabby Olde Potting Shed said...

Oh Ally, ....having just read your story of the day you held Arden;... my heart is so touched! WHAT AN INCREDIBLE BLESSING.
Thank you for sharing.
Blessings to your whole family.
Holykisses,
Lea