Friday, January 9, 2009

FOR THE QUEEN!!!!!

Today was the day we would find out if Ben was picked for the England Exchange Program. There were only 16 spots open to participate in the program and many kids applying. (10 boys and 6 girls) Today when he was headed out the door for school I told him to text me once he got the news!! I got the text this afternoon and it said "4 the Queen!!!" Yeah, he made it.. My little Ben is going to England!! In April the boy from England will come and stay with us for 10 days (Lord help him) and at the end of June Ben will go and stay with his family for 10 days. So very exciting but yet the mom in me can't help but worry he will be traveling so far away... I know that is where my faith will kick in and all be alright... What a great opportunity for him...
My Ben!!

And Oh if you are wondering why the serious pose in the picture most of the time when I point the camera at the boys they give a pose like this. It is an inside joke at our house, when we traveled to China most of the locals (Chinese People) that we saw at some of the tourist places they would take pictures with poses just like this....No Kidding... Come on China Families vouch for me on this one!!! Hee Hee




Here are a few more examples....

5 comments:

Kristi said...

Yay for Ben! That is going to be an awesome experience for him and your family as you host a student! We hosted an exchange student from Germany when I was 15 and he and I are still in touch! Ian and I even visited him when we lived overseas a few years ago.
Oh, and while I can't vouch for purposeful photos taken, I can vouch for having our photo taken on this last trip! I finally got to the point that I'd turn my camera on folks taking our picture just so they'd "know how it felt!"

Our Journey said...

I'm so excited for Ben!! I'm sure that will be hard to have him so far away, but what a GREAT thing for him (and your family in return.) That's just awesome! And you crack me up about the pictures!! When we were @ a Chinese New Year party a year ago there were some Chinese Exchange students there & we took their pictures -- and it was the EXACT thing -- they looked like they were taking pictures for a model magazine.. it was funny!!

Paige said...

Go Ben! That is so cool, Do you think they have FUDGE over there?

Our Journey said...

P.S. - By the way as I was looking through the AWAA calendar -- I saw your picture in their too!! Soooo Cute!!!

Donna said...

Congratulations Ben! What a wonderful experience you all are going to have!!