Tuesday, December 9, 2008

It's Christmas- I've Been Tagged!!!

I've Been Tagged~
Lea at over at the Shabby Old Potting Shed tagged me today for this Christmas meme!
This is My First Tag!!! I am so excited!!! For those who I tagged you must copy the question and answer them on your blog and tag 5 others!!! Yah!!! Fun!!!! Christmas!!!!



1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?



For sure Hot Chocolate!!! Yummy Chocolate!!!



2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?



Santa wraps and put them under the tree



3. Colored light on house/tree or white?



White with my white tree



4. Do you hang mistletoe?



No I get all the kisses I want without mistletoe! (lucky girl)



5. When do you put your decorations up?



The day after Thanksgiving! I am normally chomping at the bit I LOVE CHRISTMAS!!



6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?



Stuffing and Mash potatoes I am so a carb girl



7. Favorite holiday memory as a child?



Christmas Eve spending time with all of my aunts, uncles, grandparents!! We would go to my grandparents house and celebrate together.



8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?



What truth?? He is so real!



9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?



We open one gift on Christmas Eve and then the rest on Christmas Day



10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree?



I have a kiddy tree! Mainly things the kids would like and things they have made



11. Snow. Love it or dread it?



Love it!!!! Bring on the snow!!!



12. Can you ice skate?



Your kidding right?? No way, gravity is not a friend of mine.



13. Do you remember your favorite gift?



Yes, One year I wanted a horse for Christmas and I just knew it was to much money for my parents (there were 4 girls and we were a single income family) so I asked for horse tack, brushes, saddle pad, hoof pick and tack box. I told them one day I would have one and I could be ready. Well Christmas morning came and as we all were opening our presents I had only one to open. When I tore the paper back and saw exactly what I wished for "horse tack" I was a little disappointed at myself for asking for something so silly. Well as I began to take the things out of the box there was a cute jersey shirt at the bottom and it had written on the front of it "I love my Horse". Hmmm, I thought I do not have a horse???? Well my parents told me to turn it around and on the back was the letters HOLLY! They had bought me a beautiful White Quarter Horse named Holly! I was the luckiest girl in the world!



14. What is the most important think about the holidays for you?



Jesus' birth.


15. What is your favorite holiday dessert?



Butterscotch Haystacks!!! Yummy!!!



16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?



Well most folks decorate their houses with tacky lights and my parents decorate by having all the grandchildren (16 of them) do a live Nativity at their home. What makes this so great there is a house 2 doors down that is on the local "tacky tour" so their is so much traffic that comes through limos, buses and tons of cars! I love that it shows other the real meaning of Christmas but most of all it lets my children let their light shine and it means the world to my parents!!



17. What tops your Christmas tree?

Star



18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving?



GIVING



19. What is your favorite Christmas song?



O Holy Night, Joseph's Lullaby



20. Candy Canes. Yum or Yuck?



YuK!



21. What do you want for Christmas?



Joy, love and happiness!!



22. Do you attend an annual Christmas party.



my house



23. Do you dress up for Christmas Eve or wear PJ's?



dress up we go to Christmas Eve Service



24. Do you own a Santa hat?



No.



25. Who do you normally spend Christmas with?



Family.


Now it my turn to tag 5 people! Merry Christmas!!!

Fireworks and Fireflies
The Miracle of Adoption
The Journey to Anne Marie
The Next Five Minutes
Steps in Our Journey

2 comments:

Shabby Olde Potting Shed said...

Heehaoaoaoo I loved reading your answers! I love your white tree, and I'm curious what on earth haystacks are? Hope a recipe follows soon!
You don't have to shoot down the mistletoe out of your trees coz you get all the kisses you want? LOL
YOU ARE A LUCKY GIRL! (CUTE ANSWER!)
And I sure wish I could come see the living nativity! WOW! IT MUST BE BEAUTIFUL!
Thanks so much for playing along... it really helps to get to know people! You have such a sweet spirit and wonderful family! I'm so happy we met!
Hugs,
Lea

Cindy M said...

FUN! I've never been tagged, either! Of course, about five people probably follow my blog! I promise I'll get this posted this weekend. I want to try to take a manual exposure photo of my tree.