Friday, October 17, 2008

It's Friday!!!!




Well today is the long awaited Friday. Isn't funny how we wait all week long for Friday. It is just another day of the week and we normally have a weekend packed so full of activities that we don't have a break on the weekend anyway. Sometimes I think it is just 3 days closer to Monday!! Yikes!! This week has just flown by and it is the time a year when we are packing up summer clothes and pulling out or buying new clothes for the colder weather. Fall is truly my FAVORITE time of the year. Nothing sounds better to me than to watching a football game (my boys playing of course) with a blanket and a cup of hot chocolate in hand and watching the leaves start to change marveling at another fingerprint of our God.




As usual we have a weekend packed full of things to do. Tonight we will be going to see my nephew Brandon (the star football player) play at his high school. Then tomorrow we have the boys homecoming football games and then leaving to go and visit dear friends who just adopted a little girl, for her welcoming party. Very busy, yet all very special things to do. I often catch myself wishing for a slower pace life. Sitting on the front porch just watching the world go by. I am sure some of you remember those days so clearly. Where did they go and is our life today truly better than that? I know that we have grown as a country in amazing ways but sometimes I wonder is this what we were reaching for? Economic issues, busy schedules, energy problems, orphans with numbers beyond comprehension. This is normally when God interrupts me and tell me "For i know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Isn't He so good! No matter what is going on around us we can always have the comfort of knowing God has our Future in His hands. I am so very Blessed!

2 comments:

Our Journey said...

Fall is my favorite time of year too!! I hope you are able to have a relaxed weekend. By the way, LOVE your new blog look -- your link gave me a "push" to update mine - so thanks!!

Kristi said...

I'm also a fall fan! For years I never realized it because as a teacher I was always "too busy" at the beginning of the school year to enjoy the season. Despite the hectic season of my life currently, I'm loving the weather and looking forward to finishing fall as a family of four!
Thanks for visiting Fireworks and Fireflies!
Kristi