Monday, September 15, 2008

Monday Night Football







Tonight we had a Monday night football game... It made for a LONG night beginning at 5:45 and leaving the field at 9:15. The boys played great and Arden had a blast playing in the dirt! She is such a dirt girl but she is always sporting her girly hair bows. Just like a true Princess. Monday night games are practice games for the B teams (ones that do not start or are 1 year players) so Aaron was the only one who really played tonight. He did a great job and got a few tackles and even a sack! Go Huskies!!!
This past Thursday I met with my Pastor about starting an Adoption Ministry at our church. Well for those of you who know me, know that this is a Huge step for me because I feel much better as follower than a leader. God, had laid on my heart that this is what He had in store for me but for months I keep trying to think of every reason why I could not do it. Don't get me wrong, I love adoption and children but this would have me to go way out of my "comfort zone". But month after month He kept pushing and I knew I needed to be obedient and move forward with His call. Well after leaving the Pastors office I was blown away at the support our church would give such a ministry. In the back of my mind I was still very afraid to take on such a big step and had so many questions...
How am I going to do this?
This is huge, will have the knowledge to do this?
Could I ever make something like this really help children?
Well it was very quickly, God reminded me that "I" cannot do it, only He can do it through me. " I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Phil 4:13
Then not even 4 days later (today) I received an email connecting me with a local Christian Church that is working to help churches see the need for Adoption and Orphan Care Ministries in our community. It was totally an answer to prayer and knowing God provides everything we need to do his will. I am looking forward to seeing what God has in store for our church and those around us. The orphans in this world need to see Hope and I believe with all my heart that this is something Christian families should do through adoption, foster care or support for families who are called to take in these precious children.

No comments: